Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 1-2, 2010 - Across Guizhou to Caohai - The Grass Sea

The journey to Caohai took basically a day and involved 2 buses, an overnight (hardseat) train and another bus the next day.  At least they served "REEB" to make the time pass a little faster!  At one point in the juction town of Liupanshui (allegedly the poorest city in China - it looks every inch of it) I was unable to locate the bus station.  After asking a local cop for directions I was offered a ride in their police van!  How very kind of them.  Amusingly the bus station was only maybe 200m away, was one of the only decent buildings in the whole city, was directly across the road from my hotel and I had walked past it 3 times!  I suppose that's what you get for not being able to read Chinese.  The ride in a Police paddy wagon made the initial confusion worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment