Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Climbing Huangshan, Part 2

Unfortunately the weather quickly clouded in and stayed that way all afternoon, all night and all day the next day on the way down.  There was almost nothing at all to report as regards the view for the rest of the excursion.  I woke at 5AM in the hope of seeing the sunrise but the tour guides were out in force disturbing the pre-dawn peace with their PAs and the sunrise was invisible due to the dense cloud.  Later  I climbed to the highest point on the mountain over some super dodgy trails maybe up to 70 dregees in places and exposed to high winds to reach a fully exposed high point of 1864m in the high mist.  I'm sure the view would have been amazing, but not today.  I did see a little bit of the lower mountain on the way down.  The pics are in the next post.  The morning of the 22nd I took the early bus to Shanghai.  This post brings me up to about a week ago, but from now on the posts will be in chronological order to keep things a bit simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment